Directors of RTHD Singapore invited as panelists forLeave a Nest and Glocalink Singapore
Louis Christian Murayama and Daiki Kumamoto, directors of RTHD Singapore Pte. Ltd (hereinafter “Real Tech Singapore”), an overseas subsidiary of Real Tech Holdings Limited (located in Sumida-ku, Tokyo; represented by Yukihiro Maru and Akihiko Nagata) were invited as panelists for two events in Singapore, the Hyper Interdisciplinary Conference in Singapore (HIC SG) and the Life Hack Tech Forum 2023.
Murayama (left) and Kumamoto (right) speak at the event
Real Tech Singapore, which celebrated its first anniversary on 16 February, is accelerating its efforts to further develop new investments and support its investees in order to strengthen connections between South East Asia and Japan. We are pleased to be invited as panelists to the following events organised by our group company, Leave a Nest Singapore Pte Ltd. We will continue to work with research institutes, universities and business companies in Singapore and the rest of South East Asia to accelerate investment into deep tech startups and that contribute to solving issues facing the planet and humanity.
■Life Hack Tech Forum 2023 –
Unlocking Frontier Solutions Towards Healthy Living & Aging
- Date： 24th February 2023
- Speaker：Daiki Kumamoto
- Session：Special talk : Investment Opportunities
- Session Content：with growing interest in the healthcare, care and welfare domain in an aging society, the future prospects revolving innovations on extending healthy longevity and investment trends in the space were shared.
■Hyper Interdisciplinary Conference in Singapore (HIC SG) –
Hub to Hub Connection: Singapore Taking its First Leap Towards True Community
- Date：25th February 2023
- Speaker：Louis Christian Murayama （Moderator）
- Session：Session 2: Can We Create Real Alternative Reality?
- Session Content：During COVID, various communication tools have developed. However, with the peak past behind us, what is the state of communication required in the future? We moderated a panel discussion with Professor Lee of Singapore Science and Technology Research, around Opsis, an emotion analysis startup, and Tonari, a next-generation telecommunications startup.
Louis Christian Murayama / Director
After completing a Master’s degree in Biology at the University of Freiburg, Germany, he was in academia as a Marie Curie Fellow at Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland. He joined Boston Consulting Group in 2017 where he was involved in M&A and PMI advisory roles for three years, after which he joined Real Tech Holdings in 2021. He led Real Tech’s first overseas investment as a lead investor, and is driving the overseas expansion strategy for several portfolio companies from the Japan Fund.
Daiki Kumamoto / Director
During his time at Keio University, Daiki initiated and executed joint research projects between corporates and startups both within and outside of Japan. Since joining Real Tech Fund in 2019 as the firm’s first graduate hire, his investments has primarily been focused in the welfare and care sector. In 2020, he led the establishment of the Global Fund, a fund dedicated to investments into deep tech startups in Southeast Asia with a mission to solve Southeast Asia’s social and environmental issues. He was appointed Director of Real Tech Fund Pte. Ltd in 2023.
■ About Real Tech Singapore
- Registered Company Name: RTHD Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Incorporation: February 2022
- Directors: Akitaka Wilhelm Fujii,Yukihiro Maru, Louis Christian Murayama, Daiki Kumamoto
- Business: Investment and growth support of deep tech startups
■ About Real Tech Holdings
RTH is a global VC firm investing in deep tech startups aiming to solve global issues. The firm is a joint venture of two Japanese companies, Euglena, a biotech startup listed on TSE, and Leave a Nest, a company with expertise in corporate R&D and startup incubation.
It has raised over 22 billion JPY and invested in over 80 startups within Japan and Southeast Asia with a strong emphasis on early engagement and hands-on support. In 2021, RTH became the first deep tech investment firm within Japan to establish a social impact investment fund.